What is Your Face Saying about You?
- Posted on: Apr 17 2013
Let’s face it – our face can say a lot about us. As our first line of defense against Mother Nature’s elements and harmful UV radiation, our face is also the part of us most susceptible to premature aging. Particularly disposed to fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin, what steps are you taking to put your best face forward? To help you understand your options, let’s take a quick look at how modern plastic surgery can help.
Here is our list of Top Procedures for Facial Rejuvenation:
- BOTOX®: As today’s number-one cosmetic procedure, BOTOX® is particularly well-suited for “dynamic” facial lines, such as frown lines, crow’s feet and worry lines across the forehead. Essentially a muscle relaxer, this cutting-edge treatment is completely minimally-invasive, administered in a series of small injections.
- Dermal fillers: As their name implies, fillers like Juvéderm®, Restylane®, and Radiesse® work to “fill in” the valleys of facial creases and other areas of lost volume. An ideal solution for men and women alike, fillers are quick, effective and minimally-invasive.
- Blepharoplasty: Also known as eyelid surgery, blepharoplasty works to combat the appearance of “tired,” sagging eyelids. The procedure involves removing excess fat, skin and muscle from the upper and lower eyelids, in order to achieve a rested, more youthful appearance.
- Facelift: Working to shave years off a patient’s appearance, Facelift Surgery remains one of today’s most popular, time-tested surgeries. The procedure involves tightening underlying muscles and redraping skin around the neck and face.
- Brow lift: Signs of aging can regularly appear on the forehead, manifesting as sagging skin and a permanently furrowed brow. Brow lift surgery works to address these issues by altering muscles and tissues above the eyebrows, resulting in a smooth, more youthful appearance.
- Chemical peel: For patients suffering from facial lines, skin discoloration, or some other skin irregularity, chemical peels are often the best solution. Varying in strengths, peels remove the damaged outer layers of the skin to promote better texture and skin tone.
- Fat grafting: As one of today’s most popular facial procedures, fat grafting works to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and “plumps up” areas of lost facial volume. During the procedure, fat is selectively harvested from the patient and reintroduced to the face in a series of tiny injections.
Plastic Surgeon in West Orange and Jersey City
Ready to find out what cosmetic surgery can do for you? Take the first step – contact us today. To schedule your consultation, call our West Orange office at 973-324-9455 or our Jersey City office at 201-763-6764. We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted in: Face Procedures