Is a Tummy Tuck Right for You?
- Posted on: Jan 12 2015
There’s no better time than the present, or at least that’s how the saying goes. However, when it comes to certain plastic surgery procedures such as abdominoplasty, better known as a tummy tuck, waiting for the right time in your life can be critical in ensuring long-lasting results. Abdominoplasty is a surgical procedure that is unique to each patient. This procedure addresses the mid-section of the body and smooths skin, and flattens the stomach area to help clothes fit better, boosts confidence, and often restore a woman’s body to her pre-childbearing shape. Abdominoplasty is often combined with liposuction for optimal results. To follow is some information on when is the best time to undergo abdominoplasty.
Reasons to Consider a Tummy Tuck
- You are unhappy with the appearance of your mid-section (tummy) area
- You have excess skin or fat that will not tighten or respond to healthy diet and exercise
- You have had dramatic weight loss or given birth
- Your self-confidence has been negatively impacted due to the appearance of your tummy
Qualities of an Abdominoplasty Candidate
- Individuals who have had extreme weight loss that have shown they can maintain a healthy weight for extended periods
- Women who no longer plan on having children, as pregnancy after a tummy tuck often requires a repeat surgery later on
- Individuals who wish to tighten and flatten their abdominal area
- Individuals that have realistic expectations of what a tummy tuck can do for them
- Individuals should understand that scarring is unavoidable, but is positioned below the bikini line to reduce prominence
Recovering from Abdominoplasty
When choosing the correct time to undergo a tummy tuck, it’s important that patients consider the recovery period and make sure that they have someone to help take care of them or small children during the process.
- Immediately following the procedure, surgical drains will remain in the abdomen
- Patients are instructed to wear compression garments to assist in healing for a period of time determined by your plastic surgeon
- Patients are limited in their activities for at least six weeks
- Full recovery can take upwards of one month, depending on the patient
Interested in Abdominoplasty? Contact Dr. Sanjay Lalla.
If you’d like more information about tummy tuck procedures, take the first step – contact us today with any questions you may have. To schedule your plastic surgery consultation with Dr. Sanjay Lalla, call our West Orange office at 973-324-9455 or our Jersey City office at 201-763-6764. We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted in: Abdominoplasty