Abdominoplasty & Liposuction – Say Goodbye Excess Body and Skin Fat
Welcome to Sanjay Lalla, M.D., the top center for cosmetic plastic surgery treatments for Millburn-based patients. As one of the leading board-certified plastic surgeons in Northern New Jersey, Dr. Sanjay Lalla performs a multitude of reconstructive and aesthetic procedures. Dr. Lalla obtained his undergraduate degree as well as his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine in a prestigious accelerated program. After medical school, he trained in General Surgery at Saint Barnabas Medical Center and is board certified in General Surgery. Dr. Lalla went on to complete a two-year fellowship in Plastic Surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Since completing his fellowship, Dr. Lalla has been in private practice with offices in West Orange and Jersey City.
When meeting with our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Lalla will determine your best option for optimal outcomes. Dr. Lalla believes in natural beauty and perfection and works hard to achieve these results in a safe and effective manner.
No matter how well you take care of your body, you may still have a trouble spot or two that simply will not respond to diet and exercise. If you are bothered by excess skin in the abdomen, or if regular exercise has failed to eliminate stubborn fat deposits in the belly area, you may be a candidate for an abdominoplasty or liposuction procedure.
What is an Abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty, or a tummy tuck, is a cosmetic plastic surgery procedure that removes excess skin and fat from the middle and lower abdomen and tightens the muscles of the abdominal wall. Tummy tuck surgery can dramatically reduce the appearance of a protruding abdomen. The best candidates for a tummy tuck are in good physical condition but have pockets of fat or loose skin that haven’t responded well to diet and exercise. Older, slightly obese people whose skin has lost some of its elasticity can also be helped by tummy tuck plastic surgery.
This aesthetic procedure can also be useful for women with stretched skin and muscles resulting from pregnancy, although results from the procedure will diminish if they continue to bear children. For this reason, women who plan to have children again are advised to delay having a tummy tuck. Patients who intend to lose a significant amount of weight are also encouraged to wait before undergoing the procedure since skin in that area typically loosens after substantial weight loss.
Most patients recover within two weeks after a tummy tuck; however, they are advised to refrain from vigorous physical activity until their recovery is complete. The procedure does produce a permanent scar, but its size depends on the extent of the surgery. Patients should allow at least a month for the abdominal area to completely heal.
What are the Different Types of Abdominoplasty?
With the advancements in medical technology and cosmetic procedures, tummy tucks remain one of the most popular surgeries to enhance a patient’s aesthetic. Aging, genetics, prior surgeries, pregnancy, or weight fluctuations can all affect the elasticity of the skin and deposits of fat in the abdomen. A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, can have a dramatic impact in trimming away midriff fat and loose muscle tissue, resulting in a slimmer, toned abdomen. Each patient has a unique set of desired outcomes, which is why plastic surgeons can customize an abdominoplasty to better accommodate individual needs.
- A complete abdominoplasty involves a hip-to-hip incision made just above the pubic area. The muscles are tightened with sutures and excess muscle and fat get trimmed away. Liposuction is often performed in conjunction to smooth the transition areas between the abdomen and the flanks.
- In a partial abdominoplasty, the incision is less extensive and the abdominal skin is not completely detached from the underlying tissue. This tummy tuck surgery is less extensive than a complete abdominoplasty.
- An extended abdominoplasty is a complete abdominoplasty performed by a plastic surgeon in conjunction with a lateral thigh lift. The lateral thigh-lift shapes the flanks and can smooth out the contours of the upper thigh.
- A high lateral tension tummy tuck is a relatively new procedure. Abdominal muscles are tightened horizontally, as well as vertically as is done with standard abdominoplasty, resulting in a flatter abdomen and more defined waistline.
- A circumferential abdominoplasty is an extended abdominoplasty combined with a buttock lift. This is also called a belt lipectomy or body lift. The scar completely circles the body like a belt. This cosmetic plastic surgery is most appropriate for individuals who have experienced massive weight loss, and want excess skin trimmed away.
- A mini-abdominoplasty treats baggy skin that hangs in the lower stomach area commonly called the navel. By removing excess skin and fatty tissue from this area, patients can improve their contours and improve laxity and bulge in the lower abdomen.
Dr. Sanjay Lalla is available for a personal consultation to evaluate your condition and determine what abdominoplasty process is best suited for your needs. Schedule a consultation at our West Orange office by dialing (973) 324-9455.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a safe and effective cosmetic surgical procedure that supports patients in getting the taut, flat midsection that exercise and dieting failed to achieve. Perfect for body sculpting, liposuction surgery can eliminate fat pockets from any area on the body, such as thighs, knees, neck, chin, hips, buttocks, upper arms, and more.
Traditional liposuction cosmetic surgery involves inserting a long metal tube, called a cannula, into small incisions made in the treatment area. The cannula then gently moves back and forth, vacuuming out fat cells and ultimately providing a new contour. The length of a liposuction surgery depends on the number and size of areas that patients want to treat. Most liposuction patients may return to work within a few days. Patients can expect some minimal swelling and bruising; however, this should ease significantly as healing progresses.
Meet Millburn’s Best Plastic Surgeon for Abdominoplasty & Liposuction Procedures
Millburn is a booming small town located in Essex County. With a public school system ranked #1 in the state for 2019, Millburn truly is a wonderful place to raise a family. Millburn holds a wide reputation with traditional landmarks such as the Paper Mill Playhouse, the Cora Hartshorn Arboretum, and the South Mountain Fairy Trail. Residents and visitors will feel enthralled by the many popular attractions and amenities. Moreover, Millburn offers a wonderful collection of parks and fine shops throughout Millburn Avenue like Shala and Bungalow Boutique. With an assortment of unique sandwiches and salads, the Millburn Deli is a must-visit during a lunch break where people flock across the state to have their famous Godfather or Gobbler Sandwich.
Dr. Sanjay Lalla invites you to experience a complete body transformation at his West Orange-based office. His team offers safe, compassionate care that exceeds your expectations. Serving Millburn, South Orange, and the surrounding area, board-certified Dr. Sanjay demonstrates unmatched prowess in minimally invasive aesthetic procedures, placing patients’ needs at the forefront. Our strength is the personalized attention and warmth you will receive at our office. Dial (973) 324-9455 to schedule your cosmetic consultation for an abdominoplasty or liposuction procedure today.