Body Contouring Procedures in Newark, NJ
At Sanjay Lalla, M.D., we offer safe, compassionate care for our deluxe suite of plastic surgery procedures. Whether you are interested in cosmetic enhancement or reconstructive plastic surgery, our medical team provides patients with the highest level of personal attention and care. As the top board-certified plastic surgeon in Northern New Jersey, Dr. Sanjay Lalla performs a variety of reconstructive and aesthetic procedures. He and his staff are highly trained, caring, and are willing to work with patients to help them look and feel better about themselves. Headquartered in nearby West Orange, board-certified plastic surgeon Sanjay Lalla, M.D. and his medical team sit ready to deliver comprehensive care and advanced treatments to help you rejuvenate your youthful appearance with natural-looking results.
Body contouring is a general term referring to cosmetic plastic surgery procedures that shape and improve the tone of the skin and underlying tissue. Body contouring is also often performed to remove excess skin and tissue on women and men after substantial weight loss. Prominent examples of body contouring plastic surgery procedures that Dr. Sanjay Lalla offers include breast lifts, abdominoplasty, or tummy tucks, and liposuction.
What is a Body Lift?
After diet and exercising, you’ll want to eliminate the excess folds of skin left behind due to dramatic weight loss. A body lift eliminates excess fat, folds, and loose hanging skin to provide you with a more contoured appearance. Depending on the areas you wish to treat, a board-certified plastic surgeon can perform four types of body lifts: upper-body, lower-body, mid-body, or total body.
- An upper-body lift typically targets areas such as the arms and breasts and upper back. Meanwhile, a lower-body lift can restore a fit appearance to the hips, buttocks, and thighs.
- For a mid-body lift, the cosmetic plastic surgeon removes the excess skin from the abdomen, as well as the thighs, buttocks, and hips. This procedure creates a firm contour from the stomach area down to the thighs.
- For a total body lift, sometimes referred to as a circumferential body lift, the procedure targets virtually every part of the body including the breasts, arms, abdomen, thighs, hips, and buttocks. Total body lift procedures are especially helpful for individuals after substantial weight loss.
A body lift is a major cosmetic procedure; you can expect significant amounts of recovery time, particularly after a total body lift. A total body lift may require six weeks or more for a complete recovery.
What is a Thigh Lift?
Thigh lift plastic surgery tightens the skin around the inner thigh. In fact, the procedure is sometimes referred to as an inner thigh lift. Thigh lift cosmetic surgery is performed under general anesthesia, and the plastic surgeon will make the required incisions so that scars will remain hidden. Your recovery time depends on the extent of the surgery, but within six months healing will be complete. If a lot of skin and tissue is removed during the thigh lift, an overnight stay in the hospital may be required. But anti-inflammatory and pain medication will help northern Newark-based patients mitigate any discomfort.
What are the Different Types of Liposuction?
Liposuction is among the most popular cosmetic procedures today, and Dr. Lalla performs several types of liposuction on Newark-based patients. These various liposuction techniques can remove fat from many different parts of the body – the thighs, the abdomen, buttocks, neck, and even on the chin.
- Tumescent liposuction, a standard form of suction-assisted liposuction, uses high volumes of fluid containing an anesthetic infused directly into the fatty tissue being removed. Most plastic surgeons typically use local anesthesia, rather than general anesthesia, when performing this body contouring procedure.
- Ultrasound liposuction uses a specialized cannula that transmits ultrasonic vibrations that burst the walls of fat cells, thereby liquefying the fat and making it easier to remove.
- Laser liposuction uses thermal and photomechanical energy to help liquefy the fat on problematic body areas.
- Power-assisted liposuction, meanwhile, uses a cannula with a mechanized movement, relieving the surgeon of the need to manually maneuver the cannula.
See Natural, Beautiful Results with Newark-Based Body Contouring Procedures
If you want all the perks of living near New York City, but with a lower cost of living, less traffic, and plenty of green spaces, then check out revitalized Newark, New Jersey. As one of the oldest cities in the country, Newark holds a long history that’s rich with diverse ethnic culture. Newark boasts numerous museums and art galleries celebrating various heritages, performing arts centers, theatre, jazz clubs, and diverse ethnic cuisine. Brimming with countless ethnic restaurants and bars, the Ironbound’s diverse cuisine will satisfy any craving you may have at local favorites Iberia or Fornos of Spain. Nestled in Essex County, Newark is also home to many popular sites such as the Prudential Center, the Newark Museum, the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart, and the New Jersey Performing Arts Center. The New Jersey Performing Arts Center annual hosts more than 60 shows/year featuring well known musicians, comedians, and is the home base of the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra. Despite being a densely populated city, residents can still enjoy 360 acres of lush terrain at Branch Brook Park.
Want to visit a different city? No problem! You can easily travel throughout the city or to nearby regions aboard a train or subway. Newark Penn Station is the city’s major train station, located just east of downtown.
When partnering with Dr. Sanjay Lalla, you also receive access to a team of experienced nurses, surgical technicians, and anesthesiologists who have extensive training in the latest plastic surgical procedures. Our modern and attractive office in West Orange provides a safe environment, putting you at ease as you consult with our board-certified plastic surgeon.
For more information on the many different plastic surgeries and cosmetic enhancement procedures offered at Sanjay Lalla, M.D., dial (973) 324-9455 today!
With two offices conveniently located near Newark, Union, Springfield, and Maplewood NJ, Dr. Lalla, one of New Jersey’s top plastic surgeons, offers a veriaty of cosmetic procedures, including tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), liposuction, brazilian butt lift, breast augmentation and lift, blepharoplasty (eye lift), body contouring after massive weight loss, botox treatment, juvederm, restalyn and other fillers.