Breast Enhancement Procedures in South Orange, NJ
As a board-certified member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Lalla performs a variety of reconstructive and aesthetic procedures. Dr. Lalla obtained his undergraduate degree as well as his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine in a prestigious accelerated program. After medical school, he trained in General Surgery at Saint Barnabas Medical Center and is board certified in General Surgery. Dr. Lalla went on to complete a two-year fellowship in Plastic Surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. Since completing his fellowship, Dr. Lalla has been in private practice with offices in West Orange and Jersey City.
Dr. Lalla believes in natural beauty and perfection and works hard to achieve these results in a safe and effective manner. With an accessible office located in nearby West Orange, our knowledgeable patient education team will assist you in scheduling your initial consultation and answer any general questions you may have about our surgical procedures. Come reach your desired aesthetic at South Orange’s premier practice for cutting-edge reconstructive, cosmetic, and plastic surgery procedures.
Over the years, pregnancy, nursing, age, and gravity take their toll on a woman’s breasts. The skin loses its elasticity, and the breasts lose their shape and firmness and begin to sag. Breast surgery can offer a solution for women with a variety of breast concerns, from reconstructing the breasts after cancer to rejuvenating your figure after pregnancy and breastfeeding or weight loss. With help from our skilled surgeons’ mastery in the art of plastic surgery, Sanjay Lalla, M.D. can help you release the stress and worry of any physical flaw, and walk confidently forward with the look you have always wanted.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a cosmetic plastic surgery procedure that adds shape and dimension to the breasts, giving them a more youthful and attractive appearance. Cosmetic breast augmentation is one of the most commonly performed plastic surgery procedures today. Women consider breast enlargement surgery for many reasons, including:
- Unhappiness with current breast size
- Droop or sagging of the breasts
- Loss of breast volume following pregnancy
- Massive weight loss
- Breast size is asymmetric
- Breast reconstruction after mastectomy
- Breast reconstruction due to malformation or disfigurement
During this cosmetic surgical procedure, breast implants are placed either under your breast tissue or under your pectoral muscle, which lies beneath the breast. The incision will be made as inconspicuously as possible, either in the breast fold or along the edge of the areola. Little scarring remains visible after a breast augmentation procedure. Depending on the patient’s individual needs, plastic surgeons will use saline or silicone breast implants.
- Silicone Gel Implants: Composed of a silicone outer shell, silicone breast implants are filled with a soft cohesive silicone gel. Silicone breast implants are known to look and feel more natural than their saline counterparts, and they are less likely to exhibit a rippling appearance. They are often advantageous for breast augmentation in women who have very thin body frames, or for those patients receiving breast implants as part of a breast reconstruction surgery.
- Saline Breast Implants: Saline implants are filled with a salt-water solution, encased in an outer shell made of silicone. Available in many shapes and sizes, saline breast implants are most often filled after they have been inserted into the breast area. This technique makes it possible for the initial incision the breast augmentation surgeon makes to be smaller and more discreet.
Using either saline or silicone implants, plastic surgeons perform breast augmentation surgery under local anesthesia with intravenous sedation. The procedure is typically completed in about one to two hours. Recovering from breast augmentation for most patients is complete within a couple of days, and full activities can typically be resumed within a few weeks.
What is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift can take years off your body’s appearance and restore a more youthful appearance, and that’s why breast lift surgeries are among the most popular plastic surgery and cosmetic procedure performed today. A breast lift, or mastopexy, can raise and reshape sagging breasts. Breast lift procedures can also reduce the size of the areola, the darker skin surrounding the nipple.
The best candidates for breast lift are women whose breasts meet some or all of the following conditions:
- Breasts sag
- Breasts have lost shape or volume
- Breasts are flat, elongated, or pendulous (hanging)
- Breast skin and/or areola is stretched
- Nipples or areolas point downward
- Nipples or areolas are located in the breast crease when breasts are unsupported
- One breast is lower than the other
The different breast lift techniques offered at Sanjay Lalla, M.D. all involve nipple repositioning, skin excision, and tightening of the area. Scarring is inevitable; however, the less sagging there is, the less tucking and tightening will be required, and therefore, the shorter the breast lift scars.
The #1 Plastic Surgeon for Breast Enhancement in South Orange, NJ
South Orange, home to Seton Hall University, celebrates a modest and quaint culture. Inside its local landmarks, including Village Hall, Old Stone Building, Mountain Station Train Station, and Prospect Street Historic District, South Orange carries a rich heritage. South Orange has 10 distinctive neighborhoods throughout the community. Families can enroll their children in schools such as Columbia High School, Jefferson Elementary School, South Mountain Annex School, Clinton Elementary, and South Orange Middle School, all highly rated through Niche and Google reviews. Connection to the NJ transit also allows for a fast ride to and from the city by residents and tourists. If you’re feeling peckish, grab a meal at local hot spots like Ariyoshi or Bistro d’Azur. If you need a change of scenery, New York City – as well as Jersey City and Newark – is only one bus ride away.
The board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Sanjay Lalla, holds a renowned reputation for delivering flawless and enviable cosmetic surgery results as we combine the worlds of science and art to make you look and feel your best. At your initial consultation, our board-certified plastic surgeons will help you decide if breast lift, breast lift with implants, or breast augmentation with implants would be most effective in restoring your bust line.
Serving South Orange, West Orange, Springfield and the nearby area, Dr. Sanjay Lalla invites you for a consultation on our breast surgeries. Dial (973) 324-9455 to request an appointment today!