Top 5 Questions About Lipotherme™
- Posted on: Jan 2 2014
Does this situation sound familiar? You work out frequently, and eat healthy foods. You are not overweight or unhealthy — yet you still can’t get rid of those love handles or that annoying underarm fat! Sometimes, diet and exercise are simply not enough to remove unwanted body fat deposits, no matter how hard you work. While many procedures can help rid you of body fat, one of the most innovative treatments available is Lipotherme™.
Let’s take a closer look at this procedure, and the 5 most common questions about it.
- What is Lipotherme? Lipotherme, also known as laser-assisted lipolysis, targets stubborn, diet and exercise-resistant fat. This procedure uses heat-generating lasers to liquify fat cells, and is typically performed on the arms, abdomen, or back.
- Is Lipotherme a surgical procedure? Although Lipotherme is an invasive, surgical procedure, it can performed under local anesthesia in a doctor’s office. It is considered highly-effective, and a good alternative to the riskier forms of body contouring, such as liposuction.
- Are there any risks to Lipotherme? Because Lipotherme is minimally-invasive, there is little risk for side effects. In rare cases, there may be some bruising, swelling, or infection following treatment. There is also very little downtime post-treatment, with patients usually returning to normal activities within days.
- Will I need further treatment? Primarily, Lipotherme is considered a one-time treatment, done in one office visit. However, patients are always encouraged to return for follow-up visits, or “touch-up” treatments.
- Am I a good candidate for Lipotherme? Suitable candidates for Lipotherme are those in otherwise good health, who are having trouble losing unwanted body fat. Lipotherme is not the right treatment for people who are seeking a weight loss solution, as it only removes fat in targeted areas. People who have a history of severe medical issues, including heart problems, may not be candidates for Lipotherme. Speak with your doctor to find out if this is the right procedure for you.
Lipotherme in Livingston and Summit
To learn more about Lipotherme or any of the other procedures we offer, contact us today to schedule a consultation. You can call our West Orange office at 973-324-9455 or our Jersey City office at 201-763-6764. We look forward to serving you!
Posted in: Body Procedures